July 2, 2007

My little boy!

So I was looking at this picture and it hit me, he is no longer a baby! He is really starting to look like a little boy! And act like one too, he has developed quite the little personality, he's not talking yet, but man does he communicate in other ways(he has quite the little lungs, not from crying but he just makes all kinds of noises, and the faces he makes, its hard to not laugh because they are just so cute) but we have been working on signing with him, and right now he can let us know when he is hungry or when he wants a drink, and he will usually start putting his head down on the table when he's ready for a nap or bed(as you can tell from the picture below.) The speech therapist has been working with him as well as I have been, but when we try to get him to say some words or even just sounds he just glares at us or he'll just start laughing. We know he can say dad and I have even heard Hi and a few other sounds, but as of right now he just isn't interested in talking. But I know I just have to be patient and these things will come to him. Just like everything else has that he has accomlished. We really are so proud of him and even though things get rough now and then, I wouldn't change anything!

(by the way the boxes in the background are from us packing up, we have decided to move into a new apartment, its just a few miles down the road in Spanish Fork.)

1 comment:

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

I had no idea you guys were moving! Have fun with that! We'll have to come down and check it out sometime! Let us know if you guys need any help!