
So I know I say this every month, but really, Daniel is now 20 months old! That's only 4 months away from being 2! That just blows me away! But a lot has happened this month for Daniel, now for most toddlers they have been doing a lot of these things for awhile now, but for Daniel its a huge step. In the year and half he's been with us he has gone through a lot and I'm just so proud of him and he just amazes me everyday! Well for starters I weighed him on my scale just out of curiosity, and he was 23.4 lbs, so he has put some weight on(yeah). He has only 5 teeth(i know crazy) but he still eats about anything, he really know how to use what he's got. As far as physically, he still is cruising and fast may I say, he doesn't dare to let go but if the couch is close enough he'll go back and forth between the two, and he's not crawling but he sort of scoots on his butt, if a toy is outta reach he'll do this move where he'll lean forward then back and scoot his bottom at the same time, I don't know quite how to explain it but its funny and well he gets what he wants, he doesn't go far, but its just enough that he can use his arms of elastic to get it(now I say that because I swear this kid has elastic arms, he'll reach out until I seriously think his arm is going to detach.) Now with his fine motor skills....ok so I say that like I'm a dr or therapist, but you get what I mean, he loves to play patty cake(and he actually does it with us now) he loves to play with toys the way they are suppose to be played with, he use to just explore and pound on them, now he actually plays with them, he's not consistent with it but he'll wave bye bye every once and awhile(mostly I think he's just being stubborn, I know he knows how to, but because we want him to he won't) and something he has just done recently and he will only do it in his bed but if I put him down for a nap or to bed and he's not ready to go down he'll just sit right up, I went in to check on him one day and he was just sitting there playing with his animals(like the picture above) but he's selective when he does it, but on the other hand at least he does it. So he has accomplished quite a bit and we are just so happy with the progress he has made! And I just can't wait to see what he shows us this month!
No comments:
Post a Comment