On Monday January 26th Daniel had his adenoids out, and tubes put in his ears. He was such a trooper throughout the whole day, when the Doctor came and talked to us after the surgery he told us that no wonder Daniel was always breathing out of his mouth, his adenoids were so swollen that it was blocking about 75 percent of his airway......wow! They were also able to get the tubes in without any problem, and told us there was a lot of thick fluid in there, we are hoping this was the cause of his delay in talking. The way the doctor put it to us was there was so much fluid that it was as if Daniel was listening to us like he was under water, he could hear us, but everything was muffled, so I guess we'll just see in the weeks to come if we notice any changes in how Daniel responds to us. When I was finally able to go back and see Daniel he was not a happy guy, he was thrashing around, crying, and kept rubbing his face with his IV which in turn caused a little nose bleeding because he rubbed it so hard, but after another dose of morphine and me holding him, he finally calmed down. Once we were able to wake him up enough to drink a little and be coherent we were given the green light to go home. The rest of the day was a little bit harder than previous surgeries, I'm not sure if its because he's older and more aware now, but we couldn't keep him awake for anything, and every time he would drink or eat anything he would throw it right up, and he was running a fever of about 101, but after a call to PC, they told us to just let him sleep and by morning he needs to be eating and drinking, but for now he's okay as long as we are having wet diapers. By the next day he was pretty much back to himself, and the crazy thing as well is he has not had any pain medication. He doesn't even act like he's in pain. So now we are on day 3 and he's back to his happy little self again, eating and drinking and back to entertaining his little sister again.
7 comments:
i'm so glad to hear that everything went well! hopefully he's back to his fun normal self soon.
poor guy! I hope the tubes help jump start his talking! ;)
What a stong little man! So glad tgat everything went well.
You are such a strong woman and amazing mom. If you need any help be sure to let me know. You sound like you need some "ME" time
Glad he seems to be doing better. My cousin was the same way she was dalyed in talking and they had tubes put in her ears and it help. He is so cute poor little guy.
I'm glad he is doing well. I hope it helps his talking!
Poor guy, I'm glad he's back to his normal self.
I'm sad that I missed the get together with you and Jess. Can we get together soon? I haven't been to SLC in about two weeks, so I think I need to plan a quick trip.
Post a Comment