March 3, 2008

Remembering Mike



(click on the x in white box of the song to get rid of it to see the whole picture)


Heather is the one who usually posts here but I needed to do this one, and its long overdue. I originally wanted to do this around Mike's birthday but gathering my thoughts and pictures took awhile. It has only been a couple of months since Mike's passing but he is already greatly missed. I find myself remembering him often, usually when I'm driving or just by myself. I've told Heather many times since that whenever a particular movie comes out i say, "I would have gone with Mike to see that." Songs that I hear from their wedding to the smallest things remind me of what a great friend was. He was one of my closest friends and it saddens me that to think of the times that we will miss. All my memories of Mike are good ones. Late night Wendy's runs, paintballing, gaming it up, to the intellectual and spiritual conversations we had; just hanging out with him was always fun and interesting. My words cannot describe how much I miss him and respect him. He was a great father, husband, and a fierce friend. He always made me want to be better in life and with his passing has inspired me to continue on that path as he would expect his friends to do. Mike, I love you man, you will be missed and never forgotten.(Mike and I liked this band and i have always liked this song. I dont know why but when I thought of doing this post it came to mind)

3 comments:

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

Jason-
This was such a neat tribute to your friend. Way to make it YOUR first post!

Darcy said...

What a great post! Thank you for the picture montage, Jason. I should do something similar to this on my blog - I have so many great pictures of Mike.

He is fondly remembered in my heart too and I think about him daily. He is truly an example to me and I miss him so much.

Kendall said...

Thanks for the wonderful video. I love to look at it and remember all those great times. He had so many people that loved him. I am just really grateful for this. Thanks a lot. Kendall

P.S. Elise loves it too. She heard the music, ran over, and yelled Daddy.