
The day finally came, Jason left for Basic Training at Fort Benning on Sunday May 3rd.....now lets just hope time goes just as fast as this day came. We got to spend our last week with Jason in Virginia, we lounged, helped his sister move, and got to eat at all our favorite places we just love. On Sunday we had to be up at 430 a.m to get him to the airport, and then the it came time to finally have to say good bye, the part I had been dreading all week, and needless to say I was wreck, seeing him walk away and knowing it would be 10 weeks before I see him again finally hit me and I finally broke down. Going into this we both knew what it meant, a lot of sacrifice on both our parts, and as much as I am going to miss him, in the reality of it all, once we are able to join up with him we'll have a better future and have so many more opportunities for our family. I love you Jason and can't wait to see you......9 weeks and counting!
7 comments:
Yeah, I know how that feels :) Ugh! I'm so sorry. The one good thing about basic is because you can't email, text, talk on the phone to each other it forces you to write actual "real" tangible letters like they did in the old days. :) The letters that Mike and I wrote to eachother where priceless then and are even more valuable now. Plus, distance does make the heart grow fonder. But, my heart aches for you cause I've been there done that. Sending happy thoughts your way! :)
oh sweetie! You are such a strong woman, and you will get through this ;) Time will fly my dear, trust me!
Oh Heather, I'm sorry that day had to come. Hopefully these next 9 weeks fly by just as fast as the last 9 weeks did. Know we're here for you & your cute kids - whatever you guys need. Love you guys (tell Jason hi from us in your next letter)!
I am so proud of you. What a woman. Time will fly trust me. I am glad you have your parents there to help you.
Wow that would have been so hard! Hope its going okay!
You can do it! I think it's deff. easier said than done, I can't begin to imagine.
I know the feeling, and I wish I could say that it will only get easier, but it is hard every time they leave. The good thing is that you get stronger. Lean on your family and friends. They will make all the difference. And I am here if you want to chat. 801-725-2530.
Post a Comment