Jason and I had our 4 year anniversary last Wed, and with all our crazy schedules we decided we would just hang out as a family and go dinner and that we would celebrate with a date night that weekend, well it turned out we got two date nights(without kids!) and not only were they date nights, but my parents took the kids for the whole weekend! On Friday my parents came down and we had a little Halloween dinner, and just hung out, Daniel was still a little out of it from that morning and all the medication, so we decided with him still having no clue about Halloween, we would spend the night in, well come about 7:00 p.m my parents head on out back home with my two little kiddos, Jason was at work still, but when he got home, we got to spend the whole evening together, without having to worry about diapers, feedings, and just relax, watch some movies, and of course finally get some sleep! I don't think I have slept that well in a long time, Jason still had to work the next morning, but I didn't get up until 9:30 or so, I must say though, as nice as it was to have all this free time, I found myself at times wandering around the house wondering what to do, but I just enjoyed this time I had to myself and relax. That night we met up with some friends at Tepanyaki for dinner(mmmm, just thinking about it makes my mouth water) and then enjoyed another night of lounging on the couch and having another night of uninterrupted sleep! Now I did miss my kids like crazy, but I know for myself and Jasons sanity we needed to do this, now I don't think I could I could do this very often leaving them for an entire weekend, but I must say every so often wouldn't be so bad, plus having this time with Jason, and not always being interrupted by the kids was quite enjoyable! So thank you mom and dad for taking such good care of our little ones so we could have a weekend together!November 3, 2008
Family time and date nights(yes, thats right 2 date nights!)
Jason and I had our 4 year anniversary last Wed, and with all our crazy schedules we decided we would just hang out as a family and go dinner and that we would celebrate with a date night that weekend, well it turned out we got two date nights(without kids!) and not only were they date nights, but my parents took the kids for the whole weekend! On Friday my parents came down and we had a little Halloween dinner, and just hung out, Daniel was still a little out of it from that morning and all the medication, so we decided with him still having no clue about Halloween, we would spend the night in, well come about 7:00 p.m my parents head on out back home with my two little kiddos, Jason was at work still, but when he got home, we got to spend the whole evening together, without having to worry about diapers, feedings, and just relax, watch some movies, and of course finally get some sleep! I don't think I have slept that well in a long time, Jason still had to work the next morning, but I didn't get up until 9:30 or so, I must say though, as nice as it was to have all this free time, I found myself at times wandering around the house wondering what to do, but I just enjoyed this time I had to myself and relax. That night we met up with some friends at Tepanyaki for dinner(mmmm, just thinking about it makes my mouth water) and then enjoyed another night of lounging on the couch and having another night of uninterrupted sleep! Now I did miss my kids like crazy, but I know for myself and Jasons sanity we needed to do this, now I don't think I could I could do this very often leaving them for an entire weekend, but I must say every so often wouldn't be so bad, plus having this time with Jason, and not always being interrupted by the kids was quite enjoyable! So thank you mom and dad for taking such good care of our little ones so we could have a weekend together!
3 comments:
Lucky Lady!
lucky you guys - hope you had a great anniversary!
YAY for 2 date nights. You gotta love sleeping in and lounging.
Post a Comment