

On Thursday night I think I was doing just about the same thing as about every other woman was doing, attending the twilight premiere, I knew there was a lot of excitement for the movie, but never did I imagine this, I got to Jordan commons and after driving around the parking lot for about 15 minutes I finally found a parking spot, and walking in the theatre was a whole different story, other than Swiss days I don't think I have seen this many woman in one place in my entire life, they were screaming, they were dressed up and then you have me looking at all these woman like they are
possessed or something, don't get me wrong, I'm a twilight fan, but I have my limits. My friend Sheri got us tickets to the midnight premiere and I have to say I was expecting more, I liked the movie but I didn't love it, I guess i was just hoping for more between Bella and Edward, and well at times it was just a little to cheesy for me, but i was entertained. So thanks girls for a great night out, it was very much needed!
5 comments:
word! I don't think they got the Bella/Edward connection right, and I think they could have added more details. Let's hope they step it up a notch for new moon ;)
I haven't read the books yet (it's my next series - I'm just finishing up the Harry Potter series now) but saw the movie this past weekend. I liked it, but also wasn't blown away. I'm now *really* looking forward to the books because I think my imagination is better than what was portrayed. I just think character development was severely lacking and felt they could have done so much more with the relationship between Bella and Edward.
It's always that way with book to movie translations though!
I'm so glad you shared your honest opinion, I agree I expected more. However I was not a fan of twilight when I first read it, I was wondering why everyone loved it so much. Not enough action for me in the first book.
The movie showed me more of the devotion he had where I wasn't quite picking that up in the book. I guess I needed the visual to help with that. I am now more of a twilight liker (notice I ddin't say fan or lover..lol ;))
P.S. I still have to read the other books. I'm a little behind...
I feel like it was a low-budget, crappy-casted movie with an awesome story because Stephanie Meyer is an amazing writer!!! I sure hope they get some money for number 2 because the Italy scene will sure be stupid if they make it on no $$$$$. The other problem is that I didn't like Edward but he grew on me and I liked him by the end... But, Bella.. oh... I just don't think so. She never grew on me. :( So, we'll hope for better... But, I did enjoy it and I was totally entertained!
Post a Comment