November 24, 2008

3 YEARS old!

Happy Birthday Daniel!

After 23 hours of labor Daniel finally entered this world via c-section on November 23, 2005. He came in weighing 5lbs 12 oz and 19 inches long, but as little as he was he brought the most amazing spirit into our home, and I have to say the day he was born was the happiest as well as the hardest day of my life. During my entire pregnancy I had no idea what was in store for me, I probably had 12 ultrasounds and not one of them gave any indication that I was going to be delivery a child with a disability, and even after he was born, we didn't know the fullness of his condition until he was 2 months old. These last 3 years Daniel has brought us more joy than I could ever imagine, I don't always fully understand why I have been given this challenge, but I would never change the way things are in a million years, Daniel is one of the happiest, fun loving little boys I know, and he has a smile that will just melt your heart! As I sat at the computer looking back at all his baby pictures I couldn't just pick a few out, so I put together some collages of my little guy growing up, as I was looking at these it brought so many memories back, from all the surgeries, to dr's visits, to birthdays, to vacations, and all the good and hard times we have had, as I sat here in tears looking at all his pictures I realized how lucky I am, and how fortunate I am to have been trusted with this sweet little spirit. Happy Birthday Daniel, we love you and hope you had a great birthday! (to see the collage better, just click on it to make it bigger!)

















4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh he's gotten so big! It's crazy how fast it happens huh? Happy Birthday to Daniel!

Barnes Squad said...

What a cute little guy. By the way my address is 2577 West 1125 North, Layton UT 84041

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Daniel! Hope you had a good one!

Mandy said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your little guy.. I can tell you have so much love for him. What a great mother you are!