November 5, 2008
Finally!
Brielle has finally slept through the night! Wahoo.....i'm not totally getting my hopes up, because with her track record it seems we have a couple good nights, then we are back to waking up every 2-3 hours. But we have never had the kind of night we have had these last two nights, and all I can say is it feels good to sleep, I finally hit a breaking point with her, and decided its time to get this girl sleeping through the night consistently, it may seem mean, but I decided to use the "cold turkey" method, neither of my kids have been the type where I can go in there room talk to them, and try soothing them from there bed, they just want to be held, so two nights ago, I fed Brielle her final bottle of the night, and gave her lots of hugs and kisses and told her sorry in advance for doing this to her, but she'll thank me later, it was about 10 p.m when I did this, then off to bed I went, and like clock work I heard her at about 1:00 a.m starting to fuss, and then came the screams, I had to fight every urge to go running in there and pick up my sweet baby. But I stayed strong and just layed there in bed until finally it was silent, it worked, after about half hour of crying she finally gave up and went back to sleep, she finally woke up at about 5:30 a.m, so it was a start, then night two came and I gave her a bath fed her and held her for a bit, then at the same time I put her in crib awake and gave her a million hugs and kisses and left her, but this time no crying at all, I could hear her cooing and moving around a bit, but she finally went to sleep, and at about 1:00 am Jason heard her stirring so he went to see if she was awake and she was, but this time she never started crying, she just eventually went back to sleep, and then we didn't wake up until 7:30! wahoo, so lets hope this keeps up, and I guess this next week I'm going to be a schedule freak, just to make sure I don't ruin this wonderful thing we have going, so lets keep our fingers crossed and hope this is a sign of things to come, SLEEP!
3 comments:
Hooray for sleep! I can't wait to get some of that again (ok Ashton's really not that bad, he's already sleeping 4 hrs at a time at night, not bad for being 1 wk old). We need to get together again soon, I'm already going stir crazy around here!
Oh, I am so happy for you. And I look forward to this day for me! We were on the 2-3 hours schedule also, and now we have made it to the 4 hour point. I just look forward to the "all night" moment. Congratulations :)
That's awesome Heather... I hope she's still sleeping for you!
Post a Comment