September 11, 2008

Remembering 9/11

I know for every American 9/11 was a day we will never forget and I remember that day like it was yesterday, I could tell exactly what I was doing, who I was with and how I couldn't get myself off the couch and away from the T.V. In May of 2006 Jason and I went back to Virginia to visit his parents and we got the opportunity to go to the Pentagon, Jason's Dad works at the Pentagon and was there on 9/11 and was able to walk us through and we were able to actually walk to the west side of the Pentagon where the plane struck and see the memorial they have set up. . Because of security reasons we weren't able to take pictures, but it was a incredible experience and one I will never forget. It was interesting to hear the stories he had to tell, having gone through the tragedy himself. Today as I remember that day I feel so fortunate to be a part of this great Country and I am so grateful for the men and woman fighting for us today and for those who risked there lives for others on 9/11, and rather than tearing us down I believe we have become a stronger nation.



1 comment:

BrItTneEanN said...

Wow I guess I never knew how patriotic you are. That was well written. I forgot about it being 9/11 a couple of days ago...guess that shows you how patriotic I am!

Anyhow check out my new post I have wedding pics on it :)