September 27, 2008

Just my luck

Well this last week I haven't had the time or energy to blog, and mostly due to lack of sleep! Now, I think we finally got Brielle on a schedule, we have been getting our wake time and nap times pretty consistent and finally getting her to sleep a little more through the night, so you would think well why are you not getting any sleep??? Well, just a couple nights ago I put Brielle down at about 11:00p.m. and she slept until about 6:15! Now this is huge because the longest stretch we have gone is 5 hrs and that only happened once or twice, its mostly been about 4 hour stretches for our little munchkin, but it just so happens that the first night I could have gotten a decent amount of sleep that is the night that Daniel decides to wake up at 2:30 a.m and would not for the life of me go back down, it wasn't until about 5:30 that he finally went back to sleep. And just as I was getting comfy and falling asleep our little Brielle woke up and was ready to eat, but I guess on the upside she ate then went right back to sleep, so I was able to get a couple hours of much needed rest! But it seems with these two its very rare for me to get them to sleep at the same time, it seems once I get one down the other is wide awake, and vice versa. But I'm hoping now that we have a pretty good schedule going with Brielle, that we can all start getting some rest around here, and get what little sanity I have left back. Now don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade having these two around for anything, they are the biggest blessing and joys in our home, I, just like any other parent have our days, where we look at ourselves and wonder in the world did we get ourselves into. But then today I look at them, and think this is what makes it all worth it, their smile, their giggles, and or course all the millions of hugs and kisses I get in a day! I never knew how hard and rewarding being a parent would be, but I do have to say it is the best thing I have ever done!

2 comments:

Kendall said...

Boy, do I hear you! Welcome to being a mother of two. There's twice as much love and laughter but also twice as much work. Sorry, that Brielle's not sleeping well. Elise and Emery never slept that well so I can't really ever relate to getting enough sleep. Emery's still wakes up like 3-4 times at night when she's not teething, then it's more. And Elise has been sick for the last week with a sore throat and woke up every 1 1/2 hr. Hope the schedule keeps working for you.

Emmy said...

I feel for you. Harrison was a horrible sleeper. Sleep makes such a difference. Glad to hear Brielle (cross our fingers) is getting into a routine.