
Poor little guy, he didn't want to sleep anywhere except here on the couch, or my arms.

What a week it has been, on Tuesday night Daniel came down with the Stomach Flu. Which then called for a very long night, a night of every 15 minutes throwing up and then once his stomach was empty, he was dry heaving all night. I think this is one of the hardest parts about being a parent, I hate seeing Daniel sick or in pain, it just breaks my heart, and the fact that I really can't do anything for him except just hold him and tell him everything will be okay makes it even harder, I just wish I could take the pain and horrible feeling away. So after a full night of that and him not being able to keep anything down we decided to take him into the Doctor to make sure he wasn't to dehydrated, the doctor was worried about him, his coloring was very pale and when he cried he no loner had tears, and basically I couldn't keep him awake, he just wanted to sleep, and even if I tried waking him up he would be up for a minute or two and then fall right back to sleep. So the Doctor instructed me to take him home and using a syringe and give him 1 tsp of pedialyte every 5 minutes for an hour, and if he keeps that down, then move on to 2 tsp every 5-10 minutes, well we didn't make it the first hour, because he was throwing up again, but by the second hour we were making some progress and no episodes, and by the third hour we were doing even better, which made me happy because that meant we didn't have to go to the hospital for IV fluids. So I did my best to try and get him to take the fluids every 5-10 minutes, but it got to the point where I just couldn't keep him awake and he really just wanted to sleep, so I let him sleep, that night was so much better, we all got some much needed sleep. By the next morning he was doing so much better, not completely himself, but better than the day before. And now he's pretty much back to himself, he still doesn't want to eat or drink much, but I am able to get a little in him, but his coloring is back to normal, and he's back to playing around with me!
1 comment:
I'm so glad to hear he's starting to feel better. That pedialyte trick is the only thing that got us through the stomach flu last December. Try giving him the pedialyte popcicles (like otter pops) - Britton LOVES them, he'll try and get us to give them to him even when he's not sick! Hopefully he keeps getting better so we can go and play soon!
Post a Comment