April 8, 2008

Date Night

Sorry no pictures on this post, it seems these don't happen that often and I didn't want to worry about carrying around a camera, I just wanted to enjoy the night! So earlier last week I was having one of those days, you know one of those days where you feel like your going to rip out your hair and well....you just need a break. So I called my mom and asked if she would take Daniel for a night for me, so Jason and I could do a date night and just relax. Of course being the wonderful mother she is, she said absolutley. So Friday afternoon I dropped Daniel off at my moms at about 1:00, and of course as usual its at the moment I'm leaving him I wonder if I really should, but I knew I needed to do it for myself and Jason. So I just got in my car and drove away, but knowing my little guy was in good hands. Well I had a few hours to spare before picking up Jason from work, so I decided to some shopping, I have to admit is was kinda weird shopping by myself, but at the same time it was nice to be able to just get in and out of the car and make all the stops I wanted without worrying, or going through the hassle of getting Daniel in and out of the car seat. So then I was on my way to pick up Jason from work, he works in some office buidings right by Boondocks in Draper, so we decided to go play a game of mini golf, which it seems everytime we have a date night thats what we do, but I think it makes it that much more special because it our thing that we do, we have done it ever since we started dating, of course I let Jason win (ha ha, who am I kidding). But none the less we had a good time. Then we headed just down the street to Cafe Rio(my mouth is getting watery as I talk about it) we had one of our cards filled up so we got a free dinner, which made it even better. And of course I got the pork salad. mmmmmm so good! Then we just headed home to lounge and watch movies, stay up late(considering I don't have to get up early!) So when all said an done it was a good night out, a chance for me and Jason to get out and just enjoy ourselves and spend time as just a couple. So thanks babe for a great night out and again Thank you so much Mom for taking such good care of Daniel! It was a much needed night for both of us!

1 comment:

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

So nice! I'm needing one of those nights right about now - but with it being the busiest part of tax season I guess I'll have to wait another week before I get some down time.
We're going to try and make it to the zoo on Friday (since we didn't make it last week), love to have you guys join us!