September 8, 2009

The BEST weekend EVER!

Last night I got back from the best 4 days EVER! Jason got a pass for Labor Day weekend, and I took full advantage of it and flew out to GA to see him! My parents were kind enough to take the kids for me so I could have some much needed ALONE time with Jason! And lets just say, it was exactly what I needed! I took the midnight flight out Thursday so I would be there when he got off duty at 8 a.m on Friday....and we got all weekend to ourselves, we lounged, slept in, and got to dine without wrestling with 2 little ones (don't get me wrong, i love my kiddos...but it was nice to actually have a conversation with Dinner and to eat my food while it was still HOT!) and did I mention we SLEPT IN every morning....now there is something I have not been able to do in a long time....and well, neither has Jason, he's got us all beat, he's up at 4:10 every morning! We also shopped a bit, saw a few movies, sat in the hot tub, and then lounged some more! I had the best time ever and was just hoping it would never end, but of course the dreaded good bye came again....., it REALLY doesn't get any easier and giving him that last hug and kiss goodbye and then having to pull away is just like stabbing a knife in me over and over again! I'll just put it out there bluntly......IT SUCKS, and I probably cried the entire way to the airport but when I look at the bigger picture I know this is what is best for our family and our future....so I really have to focus on that and not the negative aspects of the Military Lifestyle! Because, they really do take care of you, and for the first time in our Marriage, we don't worry about money, or him losing his job, we have amazing medical coverage (for free!), and I get to stay home with my kiddos.....so I guess what I'm trying to say is the sacrifices will all be worth it! It just isn't fun right now! But now I'm just counting down the days till December when I get to see him again! But I love you Jason and thanks for the most amazing weekend ever! You really do know how to make me feel special and I am SUCH a lucky girl to have such an amazing husband!

2 comments:

Darcy said...

So glad you guys got some alone time! I can't believe you have to wait until December to see him - that would drive me crazy but you're handling it like a trooper!

Did Jason find out where he'll be stationed and whether or not you'll be able to join him?

Lechelle said...

I can't imagine spending so much time apart, it must be so incredibly rough! Very glad you got to spend time with him, how nice that it could be just the two of you.

So we all want to know, do you get to join him overseas? I hope so!