I'm gonna get straight to the point.......Jason is going into the Army! This decision didn't come lightly and it didn't come easily, but at this time in our lives its the right step for us and our family! It seems lately we have hit some rocky areas in school and work, and with how unstable jobs are right now we have no idea what would be in store for us once Jason graduated a year from now. So after spending many days praying and hours on hours in the recruiting office, we have decided to give ourselves to the Army for the next 4 years! Jason had his physical and was sworn in as a Private First Class on Monday March 9Th. He is due to report on May 6th for reception week, then its off to Boot Camp at Fort Benning on the 11Th where he'll spend the next 9 weeks being whipped into top shape and transform himself from a civilian into a soldier. Once he has graduated from Boot Camp he'll then go on to his AIT training where he'll spend 21 weeks at Fort Gordon to be trained in his MOS (military occupation specialty) he will be training to be a Nodal Networks Systems Operator. So now we have less than two months to prepare and get ourselves ready for a whole new world we are about to be a apart of. But I am so proud of you Jason and all the sacrifices you are willing to make for our family, our country, and for yourself, I know this will make you stronger, more confident, and develop the skills you will be able to use for the rest of your life! We love you!March 9, 2009
Army Strong!
I'm gonna get straight to the point.......Jason is going into the Army! This decision didn't come lightly and it didn't come easily, but at this time in our lives its the right step for us and our family! It seems lately we have hit some rocky areas in school and work, and with how unstable jobs are right now we have no idea what would be in store for us once Jason graduated a year from now. So after spending many days praying and hours on hours in the recruiting office, we have decided to give ourselves to the Army for the next 4 years! Jason had his physical and was sworn in as a Private First Class on Monday March 9Th. He is due to report on May 6th for reception week, then its off to Boot Camp at Fort Benning on the 11Th where he'll spend the next 9 weeks being whipped into top shape and transform himself from a civilian into a soldier. Once he has graduated from Boot Camp he'll then go on to his AIT training where he'll spend 21 weeks at Fort Gordon to be trained in his MOS (military occupation specialty) he will be training to be a Nodal Networks Systems Operator. So now we have less than two months to prepare and get ourselves ready for a whole new world we are about to be a apart of. But I am so proud of you Jason and all the sacrifices you are willing to make for our family, our country, and for yourself, I know this will make you stronger, more confident, and develop the skills you will be able to use for the rest of your life! We love you!
10 comments:
Heather that is a huge step! But I can tell you from personal experience that it will be good. Spencer just did the gaurd but it was such a great thing for us. He always talks about commisioning when he graduates in December. I know the next little while will be tuff but it will pass and be worth it (shopping on base is great!) Good luck to you guys! Lets all get together before you leave!
Wow - that's huge! So *that's* why Jason needed to put me down as a reference - it all makes sense now :0) The military life is a unique but awesome one. I think this is a great decision for you guys and I wish both you and Jason lots of luck and support going forward!
I have been checking your blog everyday waiting for what your big news was! Wow! This is very exciting! Will you guys have to move at all? Good luck with everything!
You are such a brave woman. My husband was saying just the other day that he feels guilty for not serving our country.(it is huge in his family) I told him no way would I let him go. I told him he is serving locally and that had to be good enough. So where do "You" go from here? Let me know if I can help with anything. Good Luck to you and Jason it sounds like it was a smart move.
Wow..... Heather you are amazing to let him go! It would be so hard to do that! But, good luck with this huge change in your life and good luck to you both.
Um WOW, huge changes! You are a stronger person than I!
WOW! I had no idea you guys were even considering this. Congratulations! I think Mike would be so proud of Jason. I think the only advice I could give you/him is to make sure everything they promise Jason is written up in his orders. I don't know much but if it's not in the orders no body has to give it too you. So, if they promise him a special training make sure it's in there. Also, if you need anyone to talk to I'm here. I'm glad you are around your family so they can help you for those 9 weeks. Man, I have so much to say. I'll write you an email. Oh...I wish Mike were here. He would be so proud, I think.
What a big change! Good luck with everything that is coming your way ;)
Your husband is wonderful for taking this step to take care of your family, you deserve to feel proud of him and what he is doing. I really hope this decision works out very well for you. Congrats and good luck!
Wow. What a change. I wish you the absolute best in this new direction. What a great service! I'm sure going to be bombarded with people wanting to hang out before you may have to leave, but lets :). I think I'll be down for conference weekend. I still think it would be fun to all get together for night to remember too.
Post a Comment