For the 24th of July we decided to head on down to Bountiful for Handcart Days and join up with some friends for the parade....I was very hesitant about going, for any of you from the Bountiful area you know what I mean.....parade people are just CRAZY, and it can be complete chaos, plus the fact that is was like 100 degrees outside, but I decided to put that all aside and take the kids, because after all isn't that why we go to parades?? Well, I'm glad we went, the kids had a blast and even though it was completely crazy and crowded we had a lot of fun, and of course the company was great....Thanks Viv for convincing me to go, we had a blast with you guys! So of course...I again was terrible with taking pictures...but here are a few I did take...and of course I had to take a picture of the Army guys as they walked by....(can you tell I'm proud of my hubby??)



my attempt to get a pictures with the kids.....we take what we can get!

before I even pulled out of my parking spot...she was out like a light!

so after the parade I'm walking to my car with both kids...chairs, strollers, diaper bags, and whole bunch of other stuff and by myself may I add and I find this when I get to my car.....the car in front of me and behind me parked inches from my bumper....literally inches! Seriously people.....I was even parked by a driveway..so the person behind me was blocking half of someones driveway and blocked me in....I was just fuming....I had no idea what I was going to do...I couldn't even walk behind my car to get the stroller and all my other stuff in the trunk....so as I sat there pacing back and forth wondering what on earth I was going to do and how I was going to get my car out...and may I add that at this point I had 2 screaming kids, and of course me a 27 year adult throwing a tantrum because I just wanted to get home and feel the comfort of air conditioning! Honestly people....has all common sense gone out the door? But I think I was being watched over because just when I was about to call the police or Bountiful City to get these people parked behind me towed or something the "wonderful" people parked in front of me came strolling to there car....and of course they give me this dumb founded look like "what", seriously I wanted to strangle them. But I kept my cool, and handled it like an adult, although I really didn't want to, I kept my mouth shut and just preceded to get my kids in the car and shimmy my stroller in the trunk and then finally got on my way.....now that I look back I know its probably not that big of a deal, but after being in 100 degree weather for hours and sitting through a parade with a 3 year old and 1 year old and walking to and from the car with all our stuff by myself, I just was not in any mood to find myself stuck....and not being able to go home! But thankfully those "wonderful" people came that parked in front of me....because I don't know what would have happended if they didn't.......lets just say it wouldn't have been a pleasant sight.

Last weekend me and the kids met up with my good friend Viv and her cute little family up at Lagoon.....oh my gosh...we had a blast! I was shocked at how much fun we actually had....I was very skeptical about taking the kids, but once again to my surprise it was a great day and Daniel had a blast riding the rides! Thanks Van Leeuwens for a GREAT day!


yes.....it was a VERY HOT day! But they were almost perfect....I honestly couldn't ask for better kids! I'm probably a little bias on this...but I got pretty lucky with these two and how well behaved they are...and plus the fact that they are so stinkin cute! I just adore these 2!!
and even after a long day at Lagoon and no nap.....still smiling!
2 comments:
we had such a fun time with you guys last week! Thanks for hanging out with us!
I love the Bountiful parade. I miss the 24th of July celebrations.
Post a Comment