well.....a lot of you probably read on Facebook that we got our first assignment, and if you haven't heard, well........lets just say yesterday I got the shock of my life. We are going to Korea! All I can really say at this point is WOW.....we were totally not expecting this at all! Right now we still don't know the details or know the conditions of me and the kids coming out with him, we were told that we can come out, but there is a lot that needs to be done before that can happen, and well for the short version, we have to get pre-screened medically to make sure we are all healthy enough to live in Korea, as well as that they have housing for us, and they don't have an exact duty station for Jason yet, so with that comes the possiblitly that we won't be able to join him. So there are a lot of things still left in the dark for us, but one thing for sure is, Jason is headed to Korea in December with or without us! SCARY! So please pray and keep your fingers crossed for us that we will be able to join him! We have also heard alot from friends and family that they don't allow families in Korea, but a lot of that has changed and they are starting to let more and more families accompany there soldier on these tours. Which I hope is the case for us. SO with that, its a waiting game now and I am so anxious to find out what happens!August 13, 2009
overwhelmed is an understatement!
well.....a lot of you probably read on Facebook that we got our first assignment, and if you haven't heard, well........lets just say yesterday I got the shock of my life. We are going to Korea! All I can really say at this point is WOW.....we were totally not expecting this at all! Right now we still don't know the details or know the conditions of me and the kids coming out with him, we were told that we can come out, but there is a lot that needs to be done before that can happen, and well for the short version, we have to get pre-screened medically to make sure we are all healthy enough to live in Korea, as well as that they have housing for us, and they don't have an exact duty station for Jason yet, so with that comes the possiblitly that we won't be able to join him. So there are a lot of things still left in the dark for us, but one thing for sure is, Jason is headed to Korea in December with or without us! SCARY! So please pray and keep your fingers crossed for us that we will be able to join him! We have also heard alot from friends and family that they don't allow families in Korea, but a lot of that has changed and they are starting to let more and more families accompany there soldier on these tours. Which I hope is the case for us. SO with that, its a waiting game now and I am so anxious to find out what happens!
5 comments:
Oh my gosh!!! I hope everything works out for you guys and you can be with Jason in Korea. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help.
My husband served his mission in South Korea. I'll pray and keep fingers crossed that you'll be able to move out with Jason. Much love.
Oh my heck! That is CRAZY!!! I can't wait to hear all your adventures.
I hope and pray everything works out for you to go to Korea with him, and that it is the best thing for your family.
Post a Comment