The day finally came and we finally got to fly down to Georgia for Jasons Graduation from BCT! It was honestly the best week of my life! I have to admit though I was scared out of my mind at first......traveling by myself to Atlanta with two kids, getting the rental car, driving down to Columbus, getting checked in the hotel...I had no idea how I was going to do, but all I knew is that either way it was going to happen. But to my surprise the trip went without a hitch and I have to say I love the Southern hospitality....I don't know what it is, but there is something about the south that people just know how to treat people and when they saw me coming with my stroller and two little ones, people were jumping through hoops for me to make sure I had everything I needed! The first couple of days I just spent hanging out in Columbus, trying to get to know the area, figure out how to get to Post and just familiarize myself with Columbus, but then Wednesday finally came and I got to see JASON! You know that feeling you got when you were getting married, or back when you were dating, that was exactly how I felt, I had butterflies, I was nervous, I was anxious....I mean you name it and I felt it. But Wednsday and Thursday were absolutely perfect, we got to spend the entire day together just hanging out, lounging and eating at all our favorite places, but sadly he still had to report back at night.....but hey after 10 weeks being apart getting to spend an entire day together was PERFECT! Then the weekend came and we didn't know at that point if we were going to get to see him again before we headed back to Utah, but we decided we would just follow Jason to Fort Gordon and cross our fingers that they would give him a weekend pass....and yes, our prayers were answered, Jason got the weekend off and I mean the whole weekend, he didn't have to report back at night....I got him all to myself Friday and Saturday night! But of course the weekend went by way to fast, and before we knew it Sunday came and we were getting ready to head back to Fort Gordon :( And I wish I could say that each time gets easier to say goodbye....but it doesn't, I think honestly I cried more this time than I did the first time. But at least now we can talk on the phone everynight.....and now I'm just praying that these next 22 weeks go by fast! So warning....I posted quite a few pictures, but even with all these I realized after we got home that I didn't take near the ammount of pictures I wanted too, I guess I was just so caught up in enjoying my time with Jason that I didn't always think to take out the camera.
Jasons Company
Family Day
4 comments:
that is so exciting one part done just one more to go through! We are hoping he is posted at leavenworth then you guys could live out here by us! Hang in there, I don't know how you are doing this on your own. Oh by the way I love Daniel's glasses so cute! And HAppy Belated Brithday Brielle!!
I love looking through these pictures. I especially love the on of Jason & Daniel - they look SO happy to be togeter! I'm so glad you had a wondeful week, it looks like it was just perfect (minus having to leave him again). The last 10 weeks seemed like they flew by, here's hoping the next 22 do too!
I'm glad you got to see your husband. It was so great to see in Utah. It has been way to long.
Aw, your section about getting butterflies before getting to see Jason made me tear up...dang these postpartum days!
Post a Comment