May 29, 2008

32 Weeks

So I know I usually write all my pregnancy stuff on my other blog, but I thought I would write a little bit here, and share my feelings so far with this pregnancy. Its hard to believe I only have 8 weeks left, well give or take, probably more like 6 or 7, depending on when we decide to do the c-section, but I'm finding myself more and more anxious for her arrival, but at the same time scared as can be, even though things have gone very smooth and all my tests have come back good, and the doctors are repeatedly trying to reassure me that everything is OK, I just can't get this hidden fear out of the back of my head, so I guess it won't be until I can finally hold her and look at her and really know for sure that everything is okay. But I will tell you one thing, she is a very active little girl! And boy does she love kicking me in the ribs, my favorite part though is when I'm sitting on the couch and you can see her kicks, see her moving from one side to another, and then when your belly is lop sided because she is sticking her bum out on one side, I never got to experience this with Daniel, he just wasn't a very active little one, and with his low muscle tone I didn't feel him nearly as much, so I'm just trying to take this all in and enjoying feeling how strong and active she is. So with that, even though yes it can be uncomfortable at times, it is so comforting to know she is a strong and healthy baby girl! Its just so strange to think 2 pregnancies can be so different, at times I find myself asking my mom questions, and then I stop and think, I should know this, but yet I never experienced a lot of these things with Daniel, so in a way I feel like a beginner at this. But really other than having to deal with the ups and downs of having Gestational Diabetes, I don't have much to complain about on this pregnancy, I mean I do hate the leg cramps, heartburn, and waking up every 2 hrs to use the restroom, but that all comes with being prego, and at this point I expect it. So when it really comes down to it, I have actually really enjoyed this pregnancy(although I may complain a lot, I blame the hormones!), and am really looking forward to meeting our little girl! And no, we don't have a name yet, we have gone back and forth on this since we found out, and we have agreed on a few, but nothing set and stone. So if anyone has any suggestions please send them my way, I thought with us having a girl it would be easy to pick out a name, and actually its been harder than when we were picking out boy names! So the countdown is on and now its crunch time to get all those last minute things ready.

2 comments:

Kendall said...

Congrats on being 32 weeks. I am sorry about the diabetes again. You are so strong. I can't wait to see your little girls.

Angie said...

Heather- you have such a cute family! I'm so happy that this pregnancy is going well for you. I would love to keep in touch. I'll send you an invite in a few days when I make our blog private.