June 18, 2007

Weekend with Grandma & Grandpa



So the last time I was with my friend Viv she was telling me how great it was to have a weekend with just her and Randy, so I decided to take her advice and have a weekend with just me and Jason. So Daniel got to spend the weekend with Grandma & Grandpa Goins, while Jason and I got to have a date night. Daniel had so much fun, he got to go swimming and he also got to go see his Great Grandma Sorenson(who just loves him!) Plus I think he loved all the attention he was getting from them! On the other hand, Jason and I went and saw Fantastic Four: Rise of the silver and surfer, then we went to dinner at Tepanyaki(a great Japanese steakhouse). As much as we missed our little guy, it was so much fun to spend some time as a couple and do things we can't normally do with Daniel. The big shocker was waking up Sunday morning and not having a little one to take care of, we actually got to sleep in! Then later that afternoon we went to pick up Daniel at my parents house, with it being Father's Day we got to hang out up there for awhile and have dinner, and all spend time together. Then it was back to Springville, and back to our normal routine. But Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for taking care of our little guy! It was a much need weekend for Mom and Dad!

1 comment:

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

I bet you guys had a great time! I can't believe you guys waited as long as you did to leave him for the night!