May 27, 2010

A little Daniel Update......

We have been pretty busy around here getting Daniel into all his specialist and trying to get all his medical transfered down here, but I think we are on track now...but with good news there seems to always be bad news with us. We took Daniel to see a Pediatric Neurologist, and we finally got approved to get some extensive Genetic testing done, maybe now we finally can get some answers as to why Daniel was born the way he was, or what the future holds for him!Then we saw his Orthopedic Surgeon, and after more x-rays and hours in the office, we found out he needs MORE surgery.....UGH! Poor little guy.....we got lucky last time where he only needed it on one foot, but this time they want to do BOTH! As difficult as that was to hear, I know its going to help him and I know he needs it! I just hate seeing my little boy go through this! But he is a STRONG little boy, and despite what has been given to him, he always faces it head on and remains the happiest little boy ever!

4 comments:

BrittanyB said...

poor little guy! How soon do you have to do the surgery?

Lechelle said...

I'm so sorry you have to watch him go through that, that sucks :( hang in there

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

poor little thing. any idea when he'll be having his surgery? please keep me posted on the little man - I miss him.

Heather said...

thanks you guys! we still don't know the exact date....we take him back In july for a follow up and should set a date then. We didn't want to do in the summer, because how fun would that be for a 4 year old in Arizona to be in 2 cast all summer!