April 21, 2010

The House

I remember talking to Jason about Army housing, and it scared the CRAP out of me, I have heard some pretty scary stories of Post Housing, and just how run down they are. Well, all my worries and stressing I guess were for nothing, because we got pretty lucky. The military is now going to Privatized housing, which means, better homes, and NEW homes! No more living in homes that were built in the 60's! The only thing I'm having to get use to, is NO CARPET! That's right, there isn't carpet in a single room in this house, so we have had to buy A LOT of rugs! I guess it helps with cost issues with how many people move in and out of these houses. At first I hated it, but I'm use to it now. These aren't the best pictures, but I thought I would post a few of the house....So, Enjoy!


The kitchen


Part of the living room area......I haven't finished decorating or putting pictures up, so this is what I have so far......

This is the view from the back door to the front door



more of the kitchen......


This is as you walk in the front door



The laundry room and Gingers Home..... Nothing fancy or special

2 comments:

Brooke Woodall said...

I think it's adorable. How fun! And good luck with the yard, I pretty much kill everything I try to grow so I don't have any helpful suggestions there. :)

Paige said...

You have done a great job decorating. And I am happy to see that the homes are nicer than I thought. That must be a fear of all military wives. Sounds like you guys are doing great!