Its been awhile since I posted last... I decided to take a time out from blogging for awhile, but now I'm back and ready to get posting. It was about a week and a half ago I was uploading pictures on the computer to put on the blog when Daniel kept tugging at my shirt, and I kept telling him to hold on, and he kept doing it, then I finally got upset, that's when I had to take a minute and step back and realize what I had just done, this happens all to often for me, and I realized something....is uploading my pictures really that important that I can't take 2 minutes away and find out what he wanted....recently I had found my self consumed with "my programs" the Internet, blogging, facebook, and working out that I was neglecting the two people that mean more to me than anything. So I guess you could say I had a little wake up call, and so instead of giving up those "things" I enjoy doing, I have learned to prioritise my time so much better, so that I can pay more attention to Daniel and Brielle and at the same time still do the the "things" I enjoy doing. I LOVE these two so much and it made me sad when I realized I was neglecting teaching and loving them because of my "worldy" things I enjoy. So now here I am blogging while the kids are napping....usually I took a nap myself, but I have learned I can get A LOT done while they are down. I am FAR from being the perfect Mom, but I am so glad I have realized these things. Daniel and Brielle deserve far more than what I was giving them. I have to say, being a mother is by far the hardsest and most rewarding thing I have ever done!
Here a few pictures I have taken of the kids.
4 comments:
Heather your post was a wake up call for me :) Blythe has gotten to the point that she will walk over and shut the computer...it's amazing how blogs and Facebook can take over huh? love ya!
Daniel and Brielle are getting so big. I love Daniel's spiked hair too!
I think it takes a great mom to realize what you have.You sound amazing non of the less!
I am in the same boat with you. The computer can monopolize your time. Although you do need a little "Me" time now and then, I find my self having to think the same thing. Thanks again for the Wake up call to me too.
Post a Comment